The parish was united into Cranston, Crichton and Ford in 1949 and includes the main population centre of Pathhead. Crichton Collegiate Church was founded in 1449 by William of Crichton, Lord Chancellor of Scotland, for the sole benefit of his family and only became the parish church in 1641. It is no longer in regular use, although it hosts occasional ecumenical services and is open to the public in summer. Of significant historical merit, the church is owned and cared for by a trust responsible for its restoration and maintenance.

Details
58 pages A4 format
£4.00 (plus postage)
See updates